Friday, July 26, 2013

Quick Update

So, If you're one of the lucky few who have been keeping up with this detox that I'm doing I want to give you a quick update as to what is going on. So, I felt a little weird today and I kind of brushed it off, then it got more apparent and I felt nauseous, so I went to google (as I do with everything in my life) and searched negative effects of the smoothie diet and a lot of people felt sick and weird and were having the same symptoms I'm feeling right now and this lady actually said her iron levels dropped a lot and my first thought was incorporate more spinach duh but then I also thought about my body and how that could be the problem because right now I am losing blood and it could be my iron levels dropping below their norms.

I also have been feeling dizzy, nauseous, and I have a blaring migrane and generally hungry and I thought to myself "for something that's supposed to make my body good from the inside out, this sure doesn't feel that way" and I know 'beauty is pain' but I feel sick and I don't like that.

With that said, something has to change, you know, something has to give.
No, I'm not quitting this but I'm also not going to starve myself so I said I'll eat if I'm hungry but I'll have a smoothie first and if I feel like I need something else, then I'll give it to myself.

I don't want to hear any crap about people who live raw lives and have been vegan and blah blah blah because trust me I already know that but my body isn't used to that and I stopped eating food cold turkey.
That's the plan right now, I love the smoothies, I want to keep them as a regular part in my normal diet because they do make me feel energized and glowy and my skin feels better and I feel like it helps me get a bunch of extra nutrients.

So that's that for now, I'll post more smoothie recipes in the next post. So look out for those and remember I haven't stopped the smoothies, so keep all the flack to your keyboard and not on my screen


No comments:

Post a Comment